I had a long talk with a knowledgeable person in Siler City politics. It seems that Karen Howard is dissecting the ETJ regulations looking for a loophole to stop the mega site. Why is she doing this? It is believed she is concerned that the county balance of power will shift if an automobile plant comes to the county. So the plant hires 1500 people, most will be skilled workers. The local businesses see an increase in traffic and hire more people, other businesses see opportunities and come to Western Chatham. It would not take long for other companies to follow the auto manufacturer as most plants require parts for products to be delivered as vehicles are on the assembly line. With the increase in population and with the different political mindsets in Western Chatham it could unseat the balance of power the Northeast currently holds.
This leads into the whole Zoning of the County issue, it is all about control. If a company is not allowed to locate in Chatham they will go to a more business friendly County. There is no reason to zone the rural areas, it only gives Lucier and his minions more power.
- Woods Charter School girls soccer scores conference player and coach of the year
- Misleading report fails to hide N.C. renewable mandate costs
- Blueprint’s minor Raleigh ruckus against voter ID
- Northwood High School Arts Education Foundation presented the 8th Annual NHSAEF College Scholarships
- Wife killed and husband hurt in crash of a small plane in Siler City
- Chatham County family retaliates for arrest by kidnapping juvenile
- Chatham Planning Board meeting agenda - 6/02/15
- CCCC announces Continuing Education Medical Programs graduates
- More than 280 graduate from CCCC programs
- Katy Perry themed "Break the Cycle" Night to highlight teen dating violence prevention